LESSONS ARE MONDAYS & TUESDAY 6:15PM (UK Time)
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Live classes will be at 6:30pm UK time
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practical application of inheritance laws in Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh). In Islamic law, inheritance holds great significance as it determines the distribution of a deceased person’s assets among their heirs.
Students will explore the foundations of inheritance as derived from the Qur’an and the Sunnah, examine various scenarios, and gain practical knowledge to ensure fair and just distribution of wealth in accordance with Islamic teachings.
The course includes:
1. Introduction to Islamic Inheritance: The importance of studying inheritance; the rights of your wealth; what prevents inheriting; and the pillars and conditions of inheritance.
2. Types of Heirs: Identifying and understanding the various categories of heirs in Islamic law, including primary heirs (al-furoodh) and secondary heirs (‘asabah).
3. Application of Islamic Inheritance Laws: Practical knowledge and skills necessary for the correct calculation and distribution of inheritance share.
4. Inheritance Scenarios: Analysing cases that may arise in the distribution of inheritance.
What are the student pre-requisites?
- Be able to calculate basic maths equations
- No other previous studies is required for this course
What does the course include?
- Inheritance simplified into 24 easy to digest lessons (2 lessons per week for 12 weeks)
- Short weekly quizzes to test your understanding
- Final Exam at the end of the course
- Lesson resources provided as and when needed
- A dedicated Student Portal for quick access to the aforementioned items
- Certificate upon passing the course
How long is the course?
13 weeks (12 weeks of lessons plus one week for revision and to complete exams). There will be 24 lessons in total.
Are the lessons taught live?
Yes, all of the lessons are taught live and online via Zoom. Lessons are accessed via the Student Portal, an online learning management system.
What if I can’t attend the live lessons?
All the lessons will be recorded and will be accessible via the Student Portal. Students can watch the recordings and complete the quizzes at any time suitable for them.